Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Summer read for fellow painters

 Picked up this book I got from the library yesterday, and am really enjoying reading it. Thought I'd pass that along for any other painters looking for a thought provoking summer read.  The conversations are wide ranging on painting, photography, art philosophy, and in general about how we really see. 
Garden Seat - oil on canvas - 24x48"
I finished this painting yesterday, quite happy with the feeling of it, and it will bring back fond memories of June when the clematis blooms in my 'memory'  arbour; named for the loved ones who are featured there on hand painted ceramic tiles.( I didn't put them in the painting, as they are covered up when the clematis is in full bloom...but it's a lovely sunny spot to sit and enjoy a morning coffee in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead...make my day. I love our mini-mails!